Businesses choosing locations in Fitzgerald and Ben Hill County can take advantage of a number of local and state incentives for development.
Fitzgerald and Ben Hill County and the State of Georgia offer a wide array of incentives to expanding, existing industries as well as new sites or start-ups locating in our state.
- Graduated tax incentive program based on investment (includes real and personal property)
- Competitive land costs
- Industrial revenue bond financing
- Assistance with local permitting
- Revolving loan funds
- 100 percent Freeport exemption
- State of Georgia's selection as #1 state to do business (3 years running)
- $4,000.00 job tax credit per job, if two or more jobs are created in 7 strategic areas; manufacturing, telecommunications, broadcasting, warehousing and distribution, research and development, processing, and tourism. These credits may be redeemed for up to a five year period given that in each year the job is maintained in Ben Hill County. These credits may be applied towards 100 percent of the company’s Georgia Corporate Income Tax Liability.
- Georgia Quick Start Training Program provides customized training for new employees to qualifying companies for more than 40 years